For the batter:
● 2 cups all purpose flour
● 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
● 2 tsp baking powder
● ½ tbsp key lime zest
● 2 tbsp key lime juice
● 1 tsp salt
● 2 egg
● 1 cup whole milk
● 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the sugar:
● 1 bag of Rind Dried Watermelon
● 2 tbsp granulated sugar
● 1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add the egg and milk and stir to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a thick batter forms.
6. Fill a piping bag or a plastic bag with a 1-2 inch opening. Pipe the batter into a donut pan,
filling each mold to the top.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. In a food processor or spice grinder, add the granulated sugar, salt, and dried watermelon.
Blend until a fine powder is formed.
9. As soon as the donuts come out of the oven, toss in the watermelon sugar. Place on a drying
rack and cool for 30 minutes. Toss in the watermelon sugar an additional time before