- 9 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 0.5 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated or monk sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 egg white, room temp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon extract or juice
- 4 cups gluten-free flour (can be substituted for AP)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3 tsp of powdered @rindsnacks Orange Chips
- 1 cups @rindsnacks Orange Chips for cake decor
- 1/2 batch of my Swiss Meringue Buttercream (link in bio to website)
- 3 tbsp powdered @rindsnacks Apple Chips
- 1 cup @rindsnacks Apple Chips for cake decor
*Optional: Cranberry Sauce for filling
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Beat the oil, butter, and sugar with whisker attachment on high speed for about 5 min until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and egg white, one at a time, while continuously whisking on low speed, scraping down the bowl in between. Sift the dry ingredient together and set aside. Combine milk and lemon extract/juice together. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer, alternating with the wet. Mix in powdered (and whole pieces, if desired) of @rindsnacks Orange Peels. Optional: add few drops of natural Orange food coloring.
- Split the batter into prepared pans. Bake for 40-50 min for 6” cake pans, until inserted toothpick comes out clean/dry with just a few crumbles on. Note: do not open your oven during the first 30 minutes of your baking, otherwise, your cakes may not rise.
- Apple Swiss Meringue Buttercream: Fold in @rindsnacks powdered Apple Chips and mix well.