Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1/3 c coconut flour
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 C tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- Dash of salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 1/3-1/2 C coconut sugar (to taste)
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 1/2 C coconut milk, full fat
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1-2 tsp orange zest (to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut or almond flour
- 1/4C coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp liquid refined coconut oil
- Optional Glaze
- 4 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2C coconut milk, full fat from a can
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, line an 8 or 9 inch brownie dish with parchment paper
2) in a large bowl bend dry ingredients separately (flours and baking powder.)
3) In another medium bowl whisk eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut milk. Add in orange zest and juices.
4) Combine dry with wet ingredients. Then, gently fold in cranberries.
5) pour cake batter in the pan, then prepare streusel.
6) Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top has set and edges are light golden brown. While cake cools, prepare the glaze in a small bowl, by softening coconut butter in microwave then stirring in maple syrup and coconut milk .
7) After cake cools, drizzle glaze (top with @rindsnacks orange chips!) then cut into slices.